Each week during the construction season, The Blade’s Road Warrior highlights the major construction projects in Toledo and the surrounding area, noting where delays are worst and where the best alternative routes are.
Railroad repairs at the Toledo Refining Company’s crossing will shut down Woodville Road (State Rt. 51) for about three days starting Friday morning.
Starting at 6 a.m. Friday, Woodville will be closed to through traffic between Pickle Road and Holmes Street, with a posted detour using Wheeling Street, Munding Drive, and Navarre Avenue (State Rt. 2).
The street is scheduled to reopen by 6 a.m. the following Monday.
Drivers who use Woodville between I-280 and downtown Toledo should avoid the area entirely and use the Front Street interchange instead. If one must use the Anthony Wayne Bridge, then use the Navarre interchange, but expect congestion on Navarre.
In Toledo, meanwhile, pavement restoration will require lane closings Monday only -- weather permitting, of course -- on Airport Highway between Shasta Drive and Lake Shore Avenue. That’s several blocks east of Detroit Avenue.
Downtown, roof work at SeaGate Centre will close the westbound right lane on Monroe Street between Summit and Superior Streets all week. Use Washington instead if you can.
And a sewer project that began Friday on Hawley Street between Western Avenue and Wadsworth Street is scheduled to continue through this week.
1. I-75: Reconstruction and widening between I-475 and Lagrange closes all ramps at Jeep Parkway except the northbound exit, plus southbound entrance at Phillips. Detour to nearby interchanges. ProMedica Parkway ramp at eastbound I-475 leads to I-75 southbound only. Off-peak lane closings possible on I-75 through the zone. Southbound I-75 service road (North Expressway Drive) closed at Stickney Avenue through first week of October for reconstruction. Detour via Stickney, Manhattan, Lagrange, South Expressway, and the Polish Village Overpass.
2. I-75: Nighttime lane closings at Indiana for bridge reconstruction and elsewhere between Monroe and South for the start of freeway reconstruction. Southbound exit to Washington Street reduced to one lane.
3. State Rt. 25 (Anthony Wayne Trail): Two inbound lanes and one outbound lane closed between Western and Collingwood for bridge replacement. City Park closed on both sides of the Trail.
4. State Rt. 120 (Central): Lane closings between Manchester and Densmore for resurfacing through late this year.
5. Martin Luther King, Jr. Bridge, State Rt. 65 (Summit): King bridge closed until Nov. 30 for sewer work at its east end, with traffic detoured to the Craig Memorial Bridge. Summit has lane closings from Cherry to Monroe, for resurfacing. Superior Street, a potential alternative route, is closed at Jackson and Jefferson for sewer construction, as are Jefferson and Jackson at those intersections.
6. Bancroft Street: Lane closings, Westwood to Secor, for street reconstruction.
7. State Rt. 51 (Monroe): Lane closings, Talmadge to Harvest, for pavement restoration following water line work.
8. U.S. 24: Closed for culvert replacement between Substation and Temperance roads until Nov. 1. Use M-125 instead between Sterns and Luna Pier roads.
9. State Rt. 25 (Anthony Wayne Trail): One of three lanes closed between South and Glendale for repair and resurfacing until early October. A second lane may be closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. nightly except Saturday nights.
10. State Rt. 579: Closed to through traffic between State Rt. 51 and Bradner Road for bridge replacement through October. Use State Rt. 2 or State Rt. 163 instead.
11. State Rt. 184 (Alexis): Lane closings for resurfacing and drainage work between Flanders and Acres roads in Sylvania through December.
12. State Rt. 120 (Central): Lane closings at Talmadge for concrete and signal work through Oct. 5.
13. U.S. 20: Closed for widening at State Rt. 163 in Stony Ridge starting Monday, with completion scheduled for Friday. Detour via I-75, State Rt. 795, I-280, and State Rt. 420.
14. State Rt. 51 (Woodville): Closed for railroad crossing work between Holmes and Pickle next weekend, from 9 a.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday. Detour via State Rt. 2 (Navarre) and Wheeling.
OFF THE MAP
I-75 (Ohio): Nighttime lane closings possible at State Rts. 64/105 in Bowling Green for bridge work; Routes 64/105 reduced to one lane each way. Reduced speed limits and nighttime lane closings through Findlay for reconstruction and widening. Northbound exit to U.S. 68/State Rt. 15 closed until 2020. Northbound ramps at State Rt. 12 closed until early November for reconstruction. Lane closings south of Findlay, between the State Rt. 235 and Bentley Road interchanges, for bridge work and pavement repair.
U.S. 6: Closed for bridge repairs east of Fremont, between Sandusky County roads 222 and 312, until early November. Detour via State Rts. 53 and 2. Flag zones for resurfacing between State Rts. 49 and 2 in Williams County. Side roads may be closed at some intersections during work.
U.S. 68: Closed for reconstruction on the north side of Arlington through early November. Southbound traffic is detoured via State Rt. 15, U.S. 23, and U.S. 30, and northbound traffic is detoured via U.S. 30, State Rt. 235, and I-75.
State Rt. 15: Lane closings between the Wyandot/Hancock county line and State Rt. 330 for resurfacing.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.